Friday, April 17, 2009
Narrative Reflection
I have grown up taking English classes where the sole purpose of the class was to finish the quarter with as many scholarly sounding documents as possible. I had always though English class was designed to train Americas young to write in the way they had grown up not being able to understand. By having a class such as this quarters 289 where the students do not focus on writing as complex as they can but rather to tell a story or to write a piece the audience enjoys reading it has allowed me to realize writing can be both enjoyable and academic. The narrative we wrote for class this week allowed me a chance to incorporate a personal story while still growing as a writer. The narrative I wrote this week, while still focusing on telling an interesting story allowed me to develop a particular voice and continue this voice throughout the piece
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment